THE MAIN HOUSE
The Lewin Farm House
The museum of the Spring-Ford Area Historical Society is located in a 19th century farmhouse and barn.
The Main House contains an office, a large research library for local genealogy and history, and six rooms containing local artifacts and memorabilia. On the first floor are the kitchen and parlor. The rooms on the second floor include the Medical Room, Military and Fire Company Room, Family Room (misc. local items, cribs, doll houses, etc.), and the Archives Room. A display of Native American arrowheads can be found in the upstairs hallway.
Adjacent to the Main House is the J.M. Lewin Cobbler Shop. The 1875 shop has been restored and houses a collection of tools and shoes. The property also contains a cave house, or underground storage room. The cave house was used by the next owner, Chester Rogers, a butcher, who used the underground storage to store meats.
Behind the farmhouse is a Pavilion used for society functions and events.